Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hanging in there

It's very satisfying to see my weight still going down. I stuck to 1250 calories yesterday (I couldn't eat just the half serving of pretzels at the end of the day -- I was hungry and ate the whole serving, so that's why the 1250 and not the 1200) despite going out to lunch and out for coffee with a friend in the evening (turns out a cappuccino is lower in calories than a latte, but it's depressing to get a cup that's mostly air -- next time I'll just go for the latte, since all the calories are skim milk anyway). I also did 40 minutes on the bike, 5 minutes on the elliptical (while I waited for Daniel to finish a 2-mile run, on top of his own 40 minutes on the bike), and 100 crunches and 20 sideways crunches.

Tomorrow we're headed out of town (we're taking Mary to Williamsburg for her birthday -- we never do trips just the five of us, so we thought we were due!) so it's going to be harder to watch my weight and to exercise over the next four days, but I'll do my best.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Well - you HAVE to have gingerbread and a cider in Billsburg proper... Then the rest of the trip - yeah... Good Luck!! I am so jealous! I haven't been since we went for that weekend of scrapbooking.