Saturday, October 20, 2007

Eating out

Last night we went to Olive Garden for dinner because Daniel needed to pick up a package (a computer, of which FedEx had botched delivery) in Roanoke. It was difficult to find something that looked truly appetizing but potentially low enough in calorie to stick with my diet. In the end I picked the mixed grill (kabobs of chicken, steak, potatoes and vegetables) and ate just less than half, and when I got home I found I'd eaten about 340 calories from my plate. I also ate salad (but no cheese nor olives, so not very caloric even with the dressing) and one breadstick (to my usual three or four there -- at 140 calories even one is major!). So my total yesterday was around 1400 calories, slightly higher than the previous three or four days but still not bad. I also got to the gym and did my usual bike and VKR stuff, but no weight machines because I'd just done them the day before and needed the break.

Today I'm going ice skating (should be comical and potentially calorie-burning, depending on how much I have to hold Alexander up and how much I can just skate -- come to think of it, keeping a 40-pound child upright on ice might be the better workout after all) so I'll get some exercise, though not as vigorous as usual. Tonight is pizza for dinner because Daniel's having a poker night so I'll have to watch my eating all day!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am SO impressed with your good work!! Keep it up!!! I am using you as inspiration!!

Emily said...

Hey, I take our challenges seriously! That's actually what got me started -- but I've kept going because Daniel's motivated too, and because I've had fun websites to play with. It's going to get old fast, I fear!