Friday, October 05, 2007

Conservation of weight

Since Amy's losing, someone has to be gaining, right? Well, that's me. Ugh! What a week! Daniel didn't want us to get cheated out of veal scaloppine for my birthday since we were gone, so he fixed that on Tuesday, then we had our shrimp dish because we had company on Wednesday, and then Thursday was leftovers day. And on Thursday I also had to use my Coldstone birthday certificate before it expired, and if they offer me a free Love It, why would I get just a Like It? And with the company Wednesday I also had cheese and wine, and I've had two of my Oatmeal Stouts so far this week, and I've made a slight dent in the chocolate Cecilia gave me, so my weight has only gone UP since Tuesday morning. It peaked at 152 or 153 -- I have forgotten -- but at the very best it has been 150.5. And I've even been drinking water and exercising. Wonder what it would be if I'd been lazy.

And now we're in Alabama and tomorrow is the family reunion, where I'll be surrounded by fried chicken and barbecue, both too yummy to ignore, and the only vegetables will be ones that have been cooked for several hours with bacon, eliminating all nutrients in the process and introducing a good deal of fat. Gross. Oh, and there's always homemade ice cream, too. So I'm expecting my weight to be terrible next Tuesday. I DO plan to exercise while I'm here, at least, but, darn it, would you believe I left my new Nike+iPod at home? What's the point of having a gadget for running on the open road if I don't have it around when I actually get to the open road? Sigh.

No comments: