Monday, October 22, 2007

Running out of titles

Every time I want to type in a title for one of these entries, my computer reminds me of all the other titles I've used and invariably whatever I was going to type was something I used before. Today was "slacking."

I wasn't totally on board with the "back to the beginning" approach last week. And it turned out to be a pretty bad week overall--my work schedule meant I only got to the gym once, and while I took numerous walks at home (mostly with Connor who is loving this weather and his jogging stroller), they weren't very vigorous. And I didn't really pay attention to my food at all. I didn't overeat particularly, but I didn't track my calories and I did eat that barbeque when we went out to lunch at work. Still, my weight this morning was 140.6--I was worried it would be much higher!

I'm not sure I'm on board with "back to the beginning" this week either. I've got a major grant deadline next Wednesday and at least two lunch meetings (today and Wednesday) so I'll have to rearrange the gym visits (if I can spare the time, that is). Is it o.k. to have a goal of just maintaining during these next couple of weeks? I'm feeling so burned out right now that I just don't have the energy to even think or care about weight loss!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Feel free just to maintain for a while! I would be happy to figure out how to maintain -- I'm either losing or gaining. Of course, after I've gained like this (I was up 19 pounds from my low point, at my highest!) I need to lose, but if I can keep my momentum going long enough I'm going to have to figure out how to maintain *eventually*.

Anyway, when you have a stressful week it's a bad time to worry about your diet. Exercise when you can, eat well when you can, and plan for a fresh start when things calm down.

Maybe you're actually back to *my* beginning -- when I started I wasn't really on board with it for the first two weeks. But that bodes well for the next six months, however!