Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sticking with Oscar Wilde

"I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself."

So - clearly, I am better at giving good advice than listening to it myself!!

Today I was 226.6 (227 before my shower - but I am counting the lower one...). I had a virtually perfect day yesterday... minus the flossing. I ate my food at meal times (slightly before). I was feeling hungry all day when I was supposed to, and food calmed my hunger - but not much food. I had two "legal" cheats - to keep me sane... a skim latte in the afternoon and then ONE serving of Samoas after dinner (while I was packaging up the rest of the cookies into serving sizes - that worked for me before). Those two combined brought me to what I am guessing is just about 1600 calories.


Katie and I went to the gym. I had planned to do 30 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the equipment - but the gym was PACKED! Katie and I (amazingly) got treadmills next to each other - but we decided to forego the weight workout since it was so crowded. We did 45 minutes on the treadmills - me on Alpine Pass and Katie on Forest Walk. I like the Alpine Pass because it emphasizes incline rather than speed... which I prefer - although you set your on max speed and incline (4.0 and 5 respectively for me). I was sweating like crazy last night, so I think that is why I lost close to 2 pounds between yesterday and today - all water weight.

Today is my official "perfect day." I keep forgetting to check my calendar to see which day it is. But this morning I DID look - so I am even MORE determined to stick to my good habits ALL DAY. Hopefully when I go to the gym tonight it won't be as crowded (which would be logical - since last night Katie and I went earlier than I normally do since I got out of work a little early). I am going to start carrying my gym bag in my car again - so Julie, I may actually be able to join you at your gym when you go.

No comments: