Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Don't Should on yourself

That is what Laura used to say about thinking positive. Don't Should on yourself. You know "I should eat less." "I should avoid junk food at all costs." "I should go to the gym instead of sit around my house." That is where counter productive weight loss happens. I liked Emily's report of her calories. She said where she was and then said "I get another 490 for dinner." THAT'S positive!!! And it showed in her below 150 weight. 8-)

Katie and I started on the Glucerna meal plan again yesterday. I have it set for 1300 calories - knowing full well that I generally add an extra 200 per day through coffee, and, well - I am not sure - breathing I guess. I didn't actually STAY at 1300 (or 1500) yesterday because I started the day with a glucose tolerence test - which involved drinking 75g of glucose in about 12 oz of icky orange drink. Gack! Then they drew blood from me every half hour/hour until about noon. I don't know how many calories that was all told. Then I did have a skim pumpkin latte on the way back from the doctor's. But I was perfect the rest of the day. I went to bed at midnight, not feeling hungry - and woke at 2am. So I ate cookies. WHY!?? Why do I do that. Whenever I have a calorie restricted day - even a perfect one like yesterday (almost) I wake up craving carbs. Tonight I am actually going to diviate from the set diet and ALLOW myself to have a serving of cookies (2 raspberry filled sugar cookies from Wegman's) and see if that prevents me from waking with a craving. Or maybe I will have pistachio nuts. Or something else that is a treat/snack rather than an approved snack. Since I haven't (yet) broken from the 1300 calories I can probably afford the calories.

This morning Katie and I started our day with a poached egg on toast (well, two actually, one for each of us) and grapefruit sections. YUM! Lunch was a particularly delicious parmesaen, basil chicken salad on lettuce. Dinner is beef kabobs. We have had snacks of strawberries and cheese and a pear with flax crackers with dill cream cheese. It amazes me that all of this good, healthy food totals to be 1300 calories!

I am trying to think of a positive way of saying that I haven't exercised. Well - I guess I COULD say that I was inspired by the weight loss lady in FC this month. She lost 101 pounds, and is about my size (build is very different though). She motivates herself to work out by saying to herself "Go to the gym and you can stop after 10 minutes." Of course - she never would, because once you are AT the gym it ain't so bad.

My "starting weight" yesterday was 227 even and today I was 225.2. I held steady over the weekend at 226-ish. I am actually kind of excited by this "do-over." I had fun shopping for groceries on Sunday - and I think next week I am going to plan in a sushi night. Not as a food reward - just because I do much better restricting my food if I plan in treats. I can probably make it to next week for my sushi craving. 8-)

No comments: