Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Surprise weight

This morning I dropped three pounds from yesterday. I've had two "good" days in a row -- last Friday I completely forgot it was supposed to be my day, and we were traveling and then it was Crawford food (yummy but unhealthy, for the most part) that day and the next two and a half. But on Monday I kept breakfast in check, ate a small, sensible lunch at McDonald's (they have a chipotle chicken wrap that is small and good, though I discovered it contains cheese, which I didn't need!), and ate two small slices of pizza for dinner. And almost nothing else all day. Yesterday I was even better, because I was home and it was back to my day in the rotation. I ate cereal with milk, lunch of tuna and pretzels, and milk to drink, and dinner of chicken with broccoli and rice (higher fat than I like, though -- it uses cream of chicken soup and I didn't have the light kind, and it uses mayo, but I was out of that so I had to use yogurt, and I only had lowfat, not fat free; but at least it's with brown rice). I had snacks of a banana and a box of raisins and some almonds. Oh, phooey, and at least a full serving of goldfish and a piece of light string cheese. But the point is I didn't go overboard on my grains, I ate some vegetables, and I got just enough dairy and fruit. But in retrospect it could have been better.

I went to the gym yesterday and ran a mile (with my Nike+iPod, which was fun) and then did 30 minutes on the bike. Then I did the usual VKRs and weights. A good, solid workout.

Today is my busy day, so I won't snack much, but I also won't get much exercise. It's a leftover night for dinner so I have no idea what I'll be eating but I'll keep it as light as possible.

I hate to say it, but Amy's right. We need to go back to square one and diet like it's a new thing. We posted our food EVERY day. I know I didn't exercise the first week or so but after that I brought it in gradually -- I exercise as much now as I used to then, I think, but it was all new then and woke my body up. I have two Oatmeal Stouts left from my birthday (the "good" days keep getting in the way, and we've been gone!) and a collection of chocolate -- so I can't promise to be perfect every day, at least while the beer is there. Once that's gone I can go back to my 2005 model of eating ONE piece per day. Two weeks. At least that ends before Halloween!

No comments: