Tuesday, October 02, 2007

149.5

Ouch! A three-pound jump from my weight before the weekend. When I travel I retain -- well, everything -- so I expect to see that number fall a bit over the next few days, but there's no question that I ate badly over the weekend. On Saturday I missed lunch, and on Sunday I ate junk and drank alcohol all day, and on Monday I missed breakfast again. So it wasn't a good weekend. But the scale was also giving me a bit of a fluke; when I weighed again before my shower, it was 147.5, and after my shower it was 149.0, so probably 148.5 or 149.0 is more like it.

Yesterday was supposed to be my "good" day. I missed breakfast, as I said, because we were in such a rush to get home. I ate a banana on the road, and a serving of goldfish crackers, so that was something. For lunch I had a ham sandwich (one slice of bread and a serving of lean ham) on the run. When I finally got home for more than two minutes, I had almonds for a snack, and then for dinner I had two slices of pizza (the frozen variety, not two REAL slices). I had water to drink all day. I ate about six pieces of candy corn and one piece of chocolate (45 calories) for dessert. I think that was it all day. So it wasn't a nutritionally balanced day, but it was at least relatively low-cal and not overdone in terms of the junk food. I also got in my regular exercise at the gym.

No comments: