Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Could nail polish weigh three pounds?

I was 151.5 this morning. Ouch! It wasn't entirely unexpected, after another awful weekend, but it is decidedly unpleasant, and up five pounds from my low a couple of weeks ago! I painted my toenails on Saturday so I was hoping I could blame that, but I suspect that's a bit of a reach. More likely it was the fried chicken and pork barbecue and cookies and cake and candy and even chocolate cream pie (birthday pie for Daniel and me from the Crawfords) that I was eating. And chili and spaghetti and popcorn, come to think of it.

I did go running one day this weekend, but by the next day I was so sore that I could barely move. Today I am finally feeling mobile again, so I have a gym appointment at 4. I think this is my only gym appointment this week -- yesterday we were on the road, tomorrow is our normal chaos, Thursday I couldn't get a slot, and Friday Mary and I are headed away for the weekend for a Girl Scout camp-in. (It's definitely not a campout -- it's a big house with bunks and electricity and everything.) But I'll try to squeeze in exercise on Thursday, at least.

No comments: