Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Weigh in

This morning I was 221.4 (or .2 I can't remember - I think it was .2). So - way better than yesterday, still HORRIBLE!

Tony the trainer is supposed to be back in town now. I emailled him yesterday to schedule my next training session. I haven't heard back. I normally go in on Wednesday at 1pm and Saturday at 9:30am - but I have conflicts both times. I haven't heard back from him yet.

I was talking to Krsity about our corporate relationship we have with the Maryland Atheltic Club in Timonium. I want to join a gym that has a pool (I know, I know, I just QUIT a gym saying it was too expensive!). I am just comparing what Tony is doing for me to the workouts I got at the gym and in reality I don't believe it is any better. The advantage to the gym is that there ARE more equipment options and it is much cheaper than the $250 for 12 sessions I have paid for. If I can use the gym enough to cost less than $20.83 per session I have made up for it. Anyway - Kristy pointed out that there is a Brick Bodies opening in Reisterstown RIGHT NEXT to Batemans. As we all know, Batemans is walking distance from my house. The cost is cheaper than my old gym and supposedly this one is going to have a pool. HOW COOL IS THAT? I haven't verified any of this, but even if it doesn't have a pool it will be close to home and cheap - and I will have a harder time coming up with an excuse not to use it.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

But no doubt you will. Come up with an excuse, that is. Wasn't the point of the treadmill purchase so that you could exercise at home for cheaper than the gym and have no excuses for not working out? Which is not to say that I think it would be useless to join the gym, but I don't think the problem you have is with access or expense (heck, for $100 you could get some free weights, giving you a complete gym at home with both cardio and weight training equipment) but with motivation. Before you join another gym, I think it would make sense to figure out what will motivate you to go there regularly or else like your other gym memberships you'll just be pouring money into nothing.