Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Today

I joined the gym. It is a beautiful new facility. The pool is supposed to open in June - and it will have a lap pool and a "theraputic" pool. The manager of the gym and his brother (who signed me up) are both golden glove boxers. They offer a class on Monday and Wednesdays at 6:30 called Boxing 101. There is a room that is full of different shaped hanging bags that you use like circut training. I am looking forward to that. 8-) There are also yoga classes on Tuesday and Thursday at 7pm. My only concern with this gym is that it seemed pretty crowded. I asked him if it was always this crowded and he said it is bad when there is a class (which there was) and in the evenings - but even with all of the people there were plenty of open slots on the equipment and space in the class room. My membership includeds 3 sessions with a personal trainer - one of which is mostly an evaluation, the second is a review of the equipment and creating of a workout chart and the final is more of an actual training session - which will go over flexibility and abs workouts. They offer a really interesting sounding "positive changes" weight loss program - which is a 6 week program that goes over nutrition and stuff... As appealing as it may sound, I don't know if it would give me anything I don't already know.

I got the corporate rate which is $37.98 per month, but it is charged bi-weekly ($18.99) - so they get an extra month out of it. There was no joining fee but there was a $19.00 processing fee. So - all told this is almost the cheapest gym I have joined with DEFINITELY the most services. I have 14 days to cancel and get all of my money back - but first I want to go to Yoga (tomorrow night) and the boxing class (either next Monday or Wendesday night).

I picked up a corporate pack for Katie to take to her school and get them to fill out if they want. I think it would be fun to be able to go with her. However, since she is over 21 and not my spouse I can't add her on as a family member. That pisses me off!!!

My weight today was 220.6.

No comments: