Monday, April 16, 2007

Clipped to my panties

Hee hee. I have discovered that if I wear my pedometer with my knit skirts (which is what I wear probably 80% of my time at work) I form a bulge around my belly (mostly because my panty hose are firm, but the skirt is very flexible, and so the pedometer pushes forward probably at an angle NOT conducive to correct calculations. (Additionally, it rubs my fat bulge in a very uncomfortable manner...) BUT, if I clip the string to my waistband leaving the pedometer to hang down, it hangs so low that it looks like I am losing something... So I just had the bright idea of clipping the strap to the top edge of my panties - which means it has to travel UP my belly, over my waistband and back down to dangle. Being that the square footage of my belly alone is no small tract, that shortens the string enough that it isn't waving to and fro like a pendulum. I tested the step count from the bathroom to my desk (81 steps) and it came out at 78 - so pretty accurate. I will try it this way for a while. I just hope it doesn't UNCLIP so I lose my $20 pedometer. I also will have to remember when I go to the bathroom that it is clipped to the top edge.

I have been good with my eating so far. How sad is it that what I mean by good during the day is that I actually EAT! I had my hard boiled eggs at 8am and my orange at 9am. I may eat my cereal now before my 11am meeting.

No comments: