Saturday, April 07, 2007

Tomorrow I have an excuse

I went to the gym last night and ran a mile with the goal of beating my time, and I finished in 7:51. It could have been even better, but the disc I was listening to ended and I had to switch it, and I'm not coordinated enough to run fast and adjust my iPod simultaneously, so I wound up being pretty slow in one lap. Then I did 40 minutes on the bike, and then 18 shoulder presses and 18 chest presses but I didn't have it in me to do another set -- I was too drained, although my muscles could probably have handled it. I skipped VKR.

This morning I did the 30 minute walk/jog video, so now my exercise is done for the day. Tomorrow I get a day off for Easter, hooray! But I'm going to continue to pursue daily exercise after that. This week I do not have a time reserved for Wednesday -- I overslept and missed out. In the unlikely event that the weather is good (we have 1/2" of snow on the ground at the moment) I'll switch off with Daniel and go running -- otherwise, maybe we can switch off and go to the gym, though it's not as much fun.

Sweets tomorrow and thereafter! Hooray! (I shouldn't rejoice too much -- my weight has gone down to the ballpark of 140 for the first time in ages, and I'm pretty sure there's a connection!)

No comments: