Sunday, April 08, 2007

Back from the Third World!!!

I am so happy to be home. India was a great trip--an unexplainable mix of enchantment and absolute repulsion.

I was 144 this morning when I hopped on the scale. My all time low. We'll see how it plays out now that there is actual food to eat again. There were days that Luna bars and water sustained me. I was like a kid in a candy store when I got off the plane in Chicago. I went to Starbucks AND to Cinnabon. It was heaven. I think I consumed more calories in the few hour layover than I did total for the majority of the days I was away.

My exercise while I was away was walking miles and miles a day. Now that I am home, back to running. Although it is going to take me some time to get back to where I was before. I am hoping to go for a walk tonight, and start running maybe mid-week. I am still suffering from jet lag (15 hour plane ride) and I was so sick the entire time I was away with respiratory issues. India is FILTHY. I may do no good trying to run in my present condition. My lungs are very happy to be filtering plain old Baltimore pollution instead of that in India. WOW. I will work on describing it to you all. Pictures are on their way as well.

I hope you all have a fabulous Easter!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Welcome back!!! I can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures! Sorry about the food situation, though. That's one thing that worries me when I travel--I'm such a picky eater that if I ever traveled in an off-the-beaten-track place, I'd probably lose a lot of weight too. Hmmm, maybe I should consider that for the next five pounds!

Emily said...

Welcome home! We're so glad you're back! I can't wait to hear the report and see pictures, too. I'm impressed that there's a vacation where you can LOSE weight -- I always go to these places full of amazing bread and cheese and chocolate and come back weighing ten pounds more than when I left.