Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Back to the drawing board

Sigh. I have hit new highs again. 221 this morning. I had decided that if I went above 220 I would start cutting off limbs - but then I considered that if I only had one leg it would be even HARDER to exercise - and so I am rethinking that plan of action.

In my defense I had JUST been thinking over the weekend that my fat rolls don't extend beyond my waistband quite as much - but the scale isn't supporting that dellusion.

New Challenges for me now... My next potty chart will be a water chart. I was noticing yesterday that I wasn't drinking enough water. I am usually fine while I am exercising - and even in the evenings - but throughout the rest of the day I am bad. I am not sure what my reward will be. I don't want to use food as my reward... I will have to think about that. Maybe another trip to Lush. That would be good for a water drinking reward.

Secondly, I am starting back up on my weird diets. Starting on Sunday (April 15th) I am going to do Southbeach. I can't diet using "guidelines" I need hard and fast rules. I need to have a number to count too and not be allowed to exceed that number (i.e. Atkins) or rituals to follow before eating anything (i.e. Fat Flush). With that being said, I am not sure if Southbeach is my best next choice - since I can't figure out the rules for that one - BUT, it has very specific diets to follow. After two weeks of Southbeach I am NOT going to take a week off - which is really just permission to gain back all of the weight - but I will then go into another diet. If I need an easing in period I will do a three day merging diet - but I haven't yet figured out how to do that... Maybe three days of the Glucerna diet or something. I am so frustrated right now that I was seriously considering going back to Jenny Craig for a while... Sigh.

Anyway - yesterday I was in a no exercise mood, but I don't want to start bad habits again five seconds after I started exercising again - so I walked a loop around the neighborhood. I should have done it twice - but it was really cold - and late. I didn't get home from work until 8:30 and then Katie and I ate dinner right away. So it was after 9 before I started walking. Anyway - I just mapped my neighborhood - and it is exactly 1/2 a mile - which is what I always estimated it as. I should have done FOUR laps.

No comments: