Thursday, April 26, 2007

Not Quite Sick

I know what you mean Sarah... Katie and I have both been suffering from the "not quite sick" syndrom also. I have been doing the feverish sweaty thing a couple of days. Then I have been having the mildly dizzy, buzzy ears thing. You are not quite sick enough to call in sick, but really just not feeling good. I took a two hour nap yesterday and had a horrible time getting up from it. Then I didn't have any problem sleeping last night - which is usually a sign that I am not completely healthy. I also had an upset stomach all morning - and just no appetite the rest of the day. Although I didn't actually LOSE any weight. I was 221.6 again today.

I DID do lower body with Tony yesterday. I had NO energy do to being not quite sick- which in some ways was good, because I had no energy to complain about the work he was making me do. I did refuse to do squats. My knee was bothering me. It only really hurts when I do squating motions (i.e. sitting down or walking up and down steps) so I could do most of the lower body workout. He then had me doing a high march motion with my legs that didn't bother my knee and pretty much worked the same muscle group.

I ate something totally horrible by accident last night. For dinner I got from the grocery store a noodle bowl called "Simply Asian" It was plain noodles in a roasted peanut sauce (more vinegary than spicy) with about three peanuts worth of peanuts sprinkled on top. As I was throwing the packaging away I noticed that a serving was 1/2 a bowl... it was supposed to have been TWO servings and EACH serving was 320 calories! That means I had 640 calories for dinner last night - and it wasn't that big of a bowl of noodles. There is NO WAY it could have served two people. Go look at it at the grocery store! You can clearly see that you would think it was meant to serve one person!!! I can't figure out how they packed in so many calories!!! PLUS - I got a salad from the salad bar. So in reality I probably had about 1000 calories for dinner. Luckily - I didn't eat much the rest of the day (a piece of toast and orange juice for breakfast and 100 calorie microwave popcorn for lunch and a granola bar in the afternoon. It was a heavy carb day...) I did get cottage cheese and fake crab mean on my salad for some protein.

No comments: