Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A fluke 139.5!

I'm not complaining -- I had hoped to see 139.5 before Easter, and I did! And I saw 139.0 before my shower. This is decidedly lower than my weight has been all week -- I think 140.5 was the lowest I've seen. So it will be a while before it settles down to below 140 for good (assuming it ever does -- the sweets withdrawal ends on Sunday). (Oh, for crying out loud! I've been misspelling "withdrawal" as "withdrawl" all my life!) But I'm happy to have seen it.

Over the weekend I worked in the garden -- three solid hours on Saturday, digging, mixing in topsoil, weeding, mulching, sowing grass in a dead spot. Sunday I went out and spent another hour and a half or more (before the rain got too heavy) digging up another weed bed to turn it into a place for tomatoes and green peppers (there's a convenient fence next to it, and the dirt there turned out to be very nice, not the clay-like stuff we have elsewhere). By Sunday night I could barely move my arms! Remarkably they were much recovered by yesterday. So yesterday I went to the gym and ran two miles (16:50, I think my fastest two miles ever) on the track and then did 15 minutes on the bike. Then I did the shoulder press (kept it at 30 lbs) and tricep press (30-35 lbs) and the leg lift thing (started at 70 and had to bump it up to 80! Yay! Thank you, Amy, for the fewer reps, more sets, higher weight approach!). Today I have a comfortable muscle fatigue in my quads and shoulders.

Today at lunch I'm meeting a friend so we can compare math books and go for a short walk. I don't expect the walk to be much, though, as we'll have a total of six children with us, and mine, at least, are not enthusiastic walkers for long, and she has a 3-month-old. So I will need more exercise later, and I will probably go to the garden again -- if I can get to Lowe's and get some mulch I'll do that; otherwise it will just be weeding, weeding, weeding, ugh. The front garden needs a tremendous amount of work. The back garden is so much more fun because I'm getting ready to plant -- it's very dull weeding around overgrown bulbs and bushes and self-sowing wildflowers that someone else planted six or more years ago!

No comments: