Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Weigh in for me

My weight today was 227 even. I think. It was 22something even - and I am pretty sure I remember thinking "Oh Good! It is down!" So - 227. I am pretty sure.

I woke up during the night again with a curdled wame. That is exactly the feeling I think of when Jamie says something curdels his wame. Sort of churny, acidy feeling. Curdled. Ick. And it continued on today. I am not sure why. Although, now that I think about it I have been out of the Rheum for the past several days - more than a week actually. I am going to see Rebecca tomorrow and so will get more -but maybe it was helping more than I realized. Or - more like, I didn't notice the difference when I used it, but I do notice the lack of it.

This morning I was dreaming that Sarah and I (and I think some other people, but no one we actually knew) were taking Claire and Connor camping - in Antarctica! Actually initially it was Siberia or somewhere VERY north (I thought in my dream that we would be inside the Arctic Circle) but somehow it morphed into Antarctica. At one point Sarah and I were discussing how this was SO not a good idea when we decided that we were doing it so we could see the Northern Lights. Then it dawned on us that we were going to be in the Southern Hemisphere and we didn't think there WERE Southern Lights - and we were discussing the science of why not when I woke up. I think I must have been thinking about Norway or something. My first thought when I woke up was that I must have been sleeping cold - but I wasn't - I was plenty warm. It was very weird.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Were you cold in the dream, or comfortable? I've had snowy dreams where I just buried myself in the snow and it was warm like (surprise) blankets. Hee hee. And other snow dreams where the cold doesn't seem to have an impact. And snow dreams where I'm cold as ice and cold in real life.

And I looked it up on Wikipedia, and, yes, there are Southern Lights, the aurora australis. Cool.

Amy said...

No - I think I was not UNcomfortable - my feet may have been cold. I was worried about sleeping in the dream - since we would be in sleeping bags and tents and all. I was sleeping with Claire and Sarah with Connor to keep them warm. I was more worried about after we were asleep if we would freeze.

How come no one talks about the Southern Lights?

Emily said...

Because nobody but Aborigines and Argentinians see them? Or maybe they're not as cool. No idea.