Monday, January 14, 2008

Long time no post

It has been a while since I last posted. Nothing has changed really - I have been eating and not exercising... My weight has hovered between 227 and 229. It was higher over the weekend, and I hope will go down by tomorrow.

I have been really trying to increase my calories in the morning - and having an overall intake of closer to 2000 - per the recommendation of Rebecca (and, quite frankly, every website that calculates what my calorie intake should be). I gotta say - it is hard. I have a hard time eating a lot in the mornings especially. I can only think of bad foods to bulk up my calorie intake (i.e. cookies, marshmallows, bread, etc.). I have to stock my house with more interetsing fruits and vegetables - because what I have now is just not cutting it. I had a single piece of whole grain toast for breakfast this morning with peanut butter - and that was all I wanted. I probably COULD have eaten some fruit with it - but I ate it in the car on the way to work. But - I gotta say I was feeling hungry just now - and so had a piece of low fat cheese.


I don't trust the recipe calculator on TDP. I have noticed this before... If you enter a measurement that is considerably lower than the serving size (i.e. 1 T of half and half where 1 CUP is the serving) it calculates it at the whole amount. Either that or the sum of the parts is greater than the individual pieces. For example - French Toast, by MY calculations (1 egg, 2 pieces of bread, 2t sugar, and 1T of half and half - because we were out of milk) SHOULD have been around 350 calories - but came up as 658 calories. Hummmmmmmmmm.

Katie and I DIDN'T go to Coldstone yesterday. We talked about it because we had a coupon - but in the end we just forgot. Too bad. It has been a LONG time since I have gone and I would have liked it very much. No food is bad according to Intuitive Eating - just you shouldn't eat them as often. I think it was during the summer when I last went. That counts as not very often. PATHETIC! I am trying to justify something I didn't DO!

1 comment:

Amy said...

OK - I redid the recipe using a different entry for half and half where the serving size was 2T - and the recipe came out to be 326 calories - which is more along the lines I was expecting.