Friday, January 25, 2008

Once again, easy go, easy come

Even though I eased back into calories very carefully -- I haven't even been interested in stuffing myself -- after three days my weight is right back where it was.  Which tells me that it was just dehydration on Tuesday, which isn't surprising.  It was still kind of fun to see my all-time low again, even if it was just for a day.

I haven't exercised in over a week.  It's been a long time since I've had a gap like that, and I hate it!  I'm still not 100% after the strep -- I've been getting headaches and my throat still hurts a bit -- but I'm feeling normal enough that if the kids weren't sick (and Mary didn't have a science fair this evening) I'd be going to the gym.  Yesterday I did get down on the floor and do my crunches just because I wanted to feel some kind of exertion!

I did a body fat analysis (a very simplified one) online the other day and my body fat was over 30%, which is terrible.  And using Amy's measuring system my waist-hip ratio is 0.81, which is in the not-good range.  But none of these take into account that you might have extra folds of skin hanging across your abdomen from past pregnancies!  It's very hard to measure my abdomen accurately.  So I suspect the 0.81 would really be slightly lower if I could account for that.  Regardless, my body fat percentage is higher than it needs to be, so now I need to figure out how to lose fat without really losing weight.  Strange situation to be in!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I did a better analysis and still got 27%. Still not good! But I'm going to have to face facts -- the ONLY way to lose body fat is to eat MORE and exercise more. It's so much easier just not to eat. Sigh...