Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Years Resolutions

My resolution for 2008 is simple - Stop stressing so much over weight loss. I want to start eating intuitively (although, intuitive for me seems to be whatever is easiest to grab and quickest to prepare - which has been fruit and Christmas cookies lately).

So resolution #2 is to have more healthful conveinence foods available to me. Since sweets, cookies and breads seem to be my real weakness, I want to figure out a way that I can fulfill those cravings while at the same time satisfying some of my fruit/vegetable requirements. Maybe carrot muffins, or something...

Resolution #3 is to try to get into a regular habit of eating - regularly, thereby (hopefully) reactivating my ability to feel hungry. The book (Intuitive Eating) gave a list of several different reasons why someone may no longer feel hunger. I know I USED to feel hunger as a child - but no longer do (except on rare occassions). I came under almost every possibility suggested. I will have to post what thoes reasons are at some other time.

My weight today was 227.2. That is probably mosly because of the salty popcorn I ate yesterday at the movie. I want to exercise tonight. I haven't been in over a week!!!

No comments: