Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm back--and working at it!

I finally managed to get on this silly blog--I always forget how to do it between my infrequent postings.

About a week or so ago I decided to get serious about diet and exercise. I once managed to lose a lot of weight by walking just about every day and doing aerobics three times a week and by eating less--especially sweets and alcohol. Well, I'm not doing the aerobics but we are walking. Once last week we went out and walked our 2 3/4 miles around Springdale and then three days I did Walk Away the Pounds--the one mile walk one day and the two mile brisk walk two days. Dad joined me for the one mile walk and for a little more than half of the two mile walk (one time.) I have also been cutting back on the goodies. I usually have a cookie after lunch and another one after dinner. I had just made a chocolate cake the day before my motivation kicked in, so I cut back to half a pice of cake instead of the cookie one time. And of course Dad came home with a bag of miniature Reese's cups. I held out for one day, but since then I have been having one in the evenings. I haven't had anything to drink with alcohol. I did eat half a batch of popcorn last night as we watched TV. Most of my falls have been Dad's doing! But he would like to lose some weight, too, so he is being a little more careful.

But I am down about three pounds from my 163 starting weight! We did take the outside walk today. I usually have to be the one to suggest it, but Dad usually goes along.

Amy, I hope you can check in to the blog while you are at Banjo camp!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Good for you, Mom!! I hope we'll see a lot more of you around here now! Don't sweat having ONE miniature cup in the evenings -- that's actually *good* for your diet. If you totally restrain you end up eating worse in the long run, but if you can eat one and be satisfied you'll reduce your cravings overall. The best diets include a moderate level of your favorite foods.

Mary said...

I'm not really satisfied with one--I want the whole bag! But I am sticking to it so far.