Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Post Nutritionist Meeting

I like Rebecca's new office. It is in historic Ellicott City and is VERY hippy new agey - as I expected. It smelled like incense and herbs and had bright colors and hard wood floors. 8-) Rebecca expressed strong concerns again that I am just not eating enough calories. It seems SO counter intuitive to eat MORE to lose weight - but she insists that my body is solidly in deprivation mode and WON'T be able to start burning calories until I start eating more. She wants me to commit to eating between 500-600 calories for breakfast to start. She wants me to set a reminder to eat lunch at 11:30am and again at noon (another reminder - not another lunch). She said that clearly I am pushing myself PAST the point when I SHOULD eat (without noticing) until my body responds by only wanting to eat carbs. She wants me to pack more snacks in my lunch so I won't NOT in lunch for fear of being hungry later and not having food on hand (which IS what I do now...).

500-600 calories is a lot for breakfast. That is double what I do now. She said to add nuts to my applesauce and double my eggs. She said to not eat carbs without protein also (Diet For Life does that - and that is one of the diets that DID work for me...). Other than eggs (and periodically turkey sausage) I don't know of a lot of appealing breakfast proteins. I have to think about this more.

No comments: