Monday, January 21, 2008

Granny Panties

I am wearing pants today. I never wear pants - but in the most recent Coldwater Creek clearance/70% off everything frenzy I decided I would try them AGAIN - and actually found a design that isn't too unflattering, and are kind of comfortable. So I have two pairs of pants now. The only problem is that when I wear skirts I have several layers between me and the outside world; underweart, pantyhose (or tights) a slip and the skirt. With pants it is just the pants - then my panties and then my naked skin. So - I feel mildly exposed. BUT WORSE - there is nothing sucking my tummy in for me!! My underwear are the kind that sit below my belly button - so you can almost SEE (well, if you are me and can feel when the underwear ends) my stomach bulging above my panty line. So - now I think I am going to have to buy some of the panties that have a "Tummy Flattening Panel" in them - so I can wear them with my pants. Sigh. All the problems of getting old!!

I couldn't sleep last night. I mean - I had a hard time falling asleep because I was mildly cold - then starting at about 4am I kept waking myself up with snoring - or sweating to death -or most often, BOTH. However, if I would toss off my covers I would be too cold, and if I lay on my side I was too hot! It was horrible! I do have that congestion thing going on, where your nose isn't running but you have a decidedly stuffy feel to your head - and your voice is raspy from post nasal drip. I hate this because Sudafed dries you out too much - but nothing means you have a sinus headache. I just hope it passes before next weekend. I don't want to disturb my dorm mates with my old lady snoring!!! This morning I finally got up at about 10 of six and took a steamy shower that seemed to help a bit - but unfortunately, I couldn't go back to bed. It was almost 7am this morning before I started to wonder why no one else was getting up. Then I remembered it was MLK day. Lucky ducks!


I hope that the John C Campbell Folk School has an opportunity for us to give constructive feedback. It really bothers me that I have received nothing from them but my receipt and a medical/injury release form. They haven't sent us anything that includes directions to where we should go when we arrive - or a list of stuff to bring (do I bring my hairdrier?) or a suggestions for clothing (should I bring my snow boots? are jeans OK 24/7?) or anything like that. I checked online to see if there was a yahoo group or anything like that - but apparently I am the only one who worries about what to pack and stuff. Also - it says that each person gets a set of towels and a set of sheets - if you want more, bring your own. What about blankets - Do I need to drag my comforter with me. And - just exactly what is the weather going to BE like in the mountains of NC in January. Colder than here? Not as cold as here? Sigh. Maybe I will send them an email.

No comments: