Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Official weigh-in!

I can't even remember the last time I remembered to both weigh in on a Tuesday AND post the results here. This morning I actually closed my eyes as I weighed myself, sure that I'd be up to 145 pounds after essentially doing nothing but eat and not exercise this past week (o.k., I went to the gym twice, but that was it). But I was 141.4 again, and it says something about my mentality that I was relieved that it was only that and not higher.

I really need to go back to using the Daily Plate. I've been avoiding it because I don't want to have to enter "14 dark chocolate Hershey's Kisses, six spice sandwich cookies, four bites of peppermint chocolate stuff, and a mini bag of microwave popcorn." Plus three meals and a normal snack. That's pretty much been my diet the past week. I'm now thankful that Davey ate those Oreo truffles. He can use the calories more than me, and he exercises every single day.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, Sarah, I can sympathize! I kept logging in over Christmas but only because I didn't want to break any streaks. I would enter breakfast and occasionally hit other meals, but then by the end of the day I'd pick "Enter calories manually" and pick some huge number to cover all manner of sins. Or other days I'd give up entirely by lunchtime so my calories look like 473 for the day. But I've been as honest as possible the last two days (though I keep thinking of things I forgot -- I didn't record last night's bread with dinner, so I thought I had calories to spare so I had port and a Hershey's kiss, and then when I KNEW I had no calories to spare I still ate cheddar cheese that Daniel produced. Sigh...) and that has kept my snacking in check, because it's too hard to remember how many kisses after about four, and it's too depressing to see the calorie counts on that much chocolate anyway.

Get back to it! That's an order!

Sarah said...

See??? I entered my food so far today on the Daily Plate and when I went to my home page in the "friends" section it told me that bluewarbler tracked "almonds, dry roasted, no salt" and sarahfran tracked "Hershey's Kisses Dark Chocolate." Sheesh, I ate three of the lousy things today, not even a full serving, and it was the ONLY bad thing I ate, and it's what shows up on my friends feed. Is that supposed to guilt me into eating better?

Amy said...

I have been using TDP because it DOES keep me honest - and even if I go over my calories, it generally isn't by too much (or it is by 1000 calories and so it just doesn't count!). I didn't enter everything the day I went to the scrapbooking party with Heather. I was grazing all night - but "Crafts, light effort" burns 281 calories an hour - and I did five hours of it (although I only recorded it as 3). So - even though I TOTALLY know that the "exercise" was a mental band-aid for me, it made my total intake for the day look good. 8-)

Emily said...

For yesterday it told me:

crawdad tracked Banana.

amyclare tracked Tesco Clementine.

bluewarbler tracked Lindt 85% Cocoa Dark Chocolate.

It's not just you!

Amy said...

But dark chocolate is now considered GOOD for you. It was HEALTH food - especially if you washed it down with a glass of red wine - or coffee.