Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Slinking in....

Although really it's very hard to slink with this extra weight!

So, as expected, eating everything in sight and not exercising are not activities that are really conducive to weight loss! Last week was a complete waste for me. Oh, I weighed in last Tuesday at 142.4, so pretty much the same as where I'd been. It seems that I can exercise regularly and eat without thinking about it and expect to maintain my weight, which is what I had done the previous week. But last week I got no exercise at all, and I came home and ate too much every single day. The exercise was just impossible--no work on Monday, convocation on Tuesday, deadline on Wednesday, IEP team meeting at Connor's school on Thursday, and off-campus meeting all day Friday. I didn't take a lunch break the entire week. And I didn't exercise at home because I was too busy eating. So this week my weight is up to 143.8.

This week I'm back to my usual exercise routine, but I have to break my evening habits of just eating when I get home! I'm trying to figure out why it's so difficult now when it wasn't when we first started this, and other than just giving up all my will power the only thing that has changed is that Brian is home when I get home (when I started, he was working second shift). I think when he wasn't home in the evenings, I was less likely to eat and more likely to just make myself something quick for dinner and eat just a small portion. Now we have dinner together, which means waiting for dinner to be ready (so instead of eating at 6 or 6:30 we eat at 7 or later) and also eating more--the food is better, the meals last longer. I know family meals are supposed to be important and all, but I eat a lot less on my own! Since I can't (and don't want to) change Brian's schedule, it looks like I'm just going to have to rely on willpower alone. Fun.

No comments: