Thursday, January 17, 2008

De snør

That is, it's snowing -- a phrase I expect to need in Norway a bit.  So today I'll get the exercise of traipsing up and down a hill as the kids are sledding, and I'll have to shovel the driveway and sidewalk if the snow ever stops today (5" and counting).  And on top of that I have a gym appointment this afternoon, though if I really do all that other exercise I'll probably cancel out of sheer exhaustion.  Our driveway is huge.

Yesterday we didn't have Girl Scouts so I had no excuse not to exercise after piano lessons, but I got home and found 800 other things that needed doing, so I did those instead.  Mary kept saying, "Mom, don't forget you still need to exercise!"  But when the kids' bedtime rolled around I discovered I was only at about 1500 steps for the day, and that made me feel like such a slug that I went down the basement and ran laps for 15 minutes to get my step count up over 4000.  It was more interesting than the 15 minute WAtP by a long shot, though slightly more hazardous because I was jogging over cat food, laundry piles, and kids' toys and around old furniture, storage boxes, and scrapbooking supplies.  This could be useful motivation toward cleaning up the basement!

My calorie intake has been moderate all week -- a little bit higher than my goal, except for yesterday, but not dramatically high.  My weight was 136 this morning, so I'm still in line with where I've been the last two weeks.

No comments: