Thursday, November 30, 2006

Week Three

I completely couldn't get on the blog yesterday. Did anyone else have a problem?

So - yesterday was my last day of induction. Today my weight was 211.6. So - officially I lost 8.2 pounds during induction. I am SO excited now - I get to expand my menu!!

Ironically - yesterday (just in time to finish induction) I got a big box of low carb baked goods. I told you about the company in Silver Spring, MD. Anyway - I ate a bagel right off (5.7g). It was SO GOOD! I was worried that it would be yucky - but it wasn't. I did not bring a sandwich for lunch (maybe tomorrow). We made turkey pot pie for dinner last night (low carb Bisquick) and have leftovers of that. The bread looks really good though. I also bought two bread machine mixes. I hope they are good too.


So - I went grocery shopping last night to prepare for my off induction menu today. I didn't get much (I am not actually changing all that much) but I bought strawberries and macadamia nuts. I sliced up the strawberries when I got home. There was one that looked bad - so I was going to throw it away - I took a bite of the not bad side - and OMG!! YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY THAT! Don't eat any sugar for two weeks and then eat a strawberry. It was THE BEST strawberry I have ever tasted. I am holding off on eating them now - but maybe I won't wait much longer.

My goal for the NEXT two weeks is to still stick to 20g of carbs a day (maybe go to 25) and just add in allowed fruits and nuts. I also am going to start officially allowing cottage cheese and ricotta cheese in limited quanties.

No comments: