Friday, November 17, 2006

I can do this!

I am really craving carbs. I have read the books and the websites and stuff and I know they all say that everyone reacts differently - and after the first several days it is no big deal... but I am really missing the carbs. At least that is what I think my problem is. I am feeling very dehydrated. I have been drinking water like crazy and it doesn't seem to help. I was up twice during the night to go to the bathroom. Maybe I WILL actually lose some water weight.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You can do this! Of course it's going to be a shock to your system, but it seems like a shock is exactly what your system needs. And like withdrawing from anything, there's going to be an adjustment period that's hell. I've followed some people who put their autistic kids on GFCF diets or dye-free and preservative-free diets, or the specific carbohydrate diet and a lot of the kids have withdrawal symptoms that are really bad.

Stick with it! Get yourself some kind of acceptable food (steak? lobster?) that you really love as a treat.

Emily said...

It's interesting that you're feeling dehydrated -- they say that a lot of the time you think you're craving something sweet it's because you're actually thirsty. It sounds like in your case the reverse is true!

You can do this!! (And if you were to cheat you'd have to 'fess up to all of us, so that's reason enough to hang on -- embarrassment and guilt can be great motivators.) I agree with Sarah -- reward yourself!