Tuesday, November 14, 2006

134.8

It flashed up 134.6 this morning, but settled twice on 134.8. At least I'm down from last week and only up a slight amount from Friday's weight and back to within my acceptable range.

I was pretty good but not stellar over the weekend. Saturday was great--all healthy foods, all small portions, raked leaves for an hour, walked Davey for 3.5 miles. Then I came home from my walk and Brian had made cheeseburgers, fries, and green beans for dinner and served them with a Guinness. And then on Sunday we went to the Irish Festival, where I had fish and chips and more Guinness and later we made frozen pizza for dinner. So not stellar, as I said.

Yesterday I had my usual stuff during the day, went to the gym for the first time in over a week, had pasta, ham, and peas for dinner, and hot chocolate with marshmallows in the evening. I probably would have been 134.6 without those totally unnecessary calories.

Here's my challenge to myself: I need to lose a pound or more by weigh-in day next week. If I do that, I can have dessert on Thanksgiving. If I don't, then I don't get any pecan pie until Dad's birthday next year. And if I *gain* weight, I don't get any stuffing.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Good challenges. I don't want to say I hope you fail - but since I will be Atkinsing it by then I will be glad to have someone else eating only Turkey with me. Bleh!

Sarah said...

What vegetables will you be allowed to eat at Thanksgiving? We usually do our steamed carrots with orange juice, but if that's on the forbidden list, I can just douse them with butter.

We'll have to come up with some other Atkins-friendly Thanksgiving food (other than Turkey).

Amy said...

There is a neat carb counter chart on the atkins website - If you go to www.atkins.com and type Carb Counter in the search box - the first choice from the stuff they give you connects to that. THEN, you click on vegetables and there is a whole list. Butter would be better than orange juice for Atkins - but if you want to do you regular thing for everyone else, you can just leave out a portion to cook with butter for me. I will only be a week into the induction phase - which is supposed to be a minimum of two weeks - but I plan to consume ALL of my 20 carbs at dinner. Luckily, Thanksgiving isn't something I feel REALLY strongly about.