Thursday, November 16, 2006

Can you tell I'm on the wagon again?

This is my third day of posting in a row. My weight this morning was down another pound! Would that it were always so easy! I know this is going to come back to bite me -- this is just the initial flush from my system being shocked by the reduction in sugar and food and the abrupt increase in motion. It will suddenly shut all systems down on Sunday and I'll gain five pounds before Monday morning's weigh-in. Just wait.

Yesterday's food was pretty good again. I had my usual breakfast (back to being usual, even -- that's OJ again!), lunch of yogurt and a tiny dish of macaroni and cheese (it's the gross kind anyway), dinner of chicken and green pepper slices with milk to drink. I had snacks of
almonds (three times, so one serving total), pretzels (I think just one round, maybe a little more), a banana, and I think something else healthy-ish but I can't recall what, so maybe not. Did I have applesauce yesterday or was that the day before? Oh, I did have some yesterday evening -- a small dish. I wasn't quite as good on the candy, but still MUCH better than I had been -- I had a fun size Almond Joy and a fun size Heath bar (what is wrong with my kids that they don't like Heath bars??) and a teeny Baby Ruth that Cecilia rejected, and I think I had a Snickers, too. Wow, that adds up to probably a whole candy bar, and that's a lot. I can't do that again today.

I did WATP again last night -- I meant to do the 2 mile but I accidentally started the 1 mile and didn't realize it until they picked up the arm thing too early, so after I got to 1 mile I joined in the middle of the 2 mile. That means I the walking wasn't quite as intense but I did extra arm work, so presumably it evens out.

Today I will probably WATP again because that's just too convenient -- and I can put on my iPod and ignore what they're talking about, because they really sound like a long infomercial. I suppose I could do some aerobics instead but that takes longer and I can't do the iPod thing. Hmm. If the kids are awake I'll do the aerobics but if I put it off to bedtime I'll just walk. My iPod batteries are dying, though, and Daniel swiped my connector by accident, so it's in Connecticut, which doesn't do me a lot of good.

My food today so far is just breakfast -- I've been too busy to snack. Yesterday was easier than the day before because I was busy then, too. It helps.

No comments: