Friday, November 03, 2006

This "all candy" diet seems to be working for me.

I have been eating horribly all week. Chowing down Halloween candy like a madwoman every evening (well, the past two evenings). On Halloween I ate two heavy meals--chili and cornbread for lunch, stew and regular bread for dinner, plus pecan pie. Wednesday was o.k. My usual stuff during the day, then poached fish, salad, and pasta for dinner. And then a ton of candy. Yesterday, no surprise, I felt queasy all day so ate light all day, then had a whole chicken pot pie for dinner and chased it with more candy. And my weight has steadily gone down from 135 on Tuesday to 134 today. This is the total opposite of the Adkins diet, and I manage to lose weight. Go figure.

Exercise has been pretty good, though--two times to the gym so far, and another trip planned today, plus a 2.5 mile walk with Davey last night. I'm aiming for five days with physical activity each week now, and not sweating what sort of activity that is--dog walking counts as long as it lasts 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I haven't weighed myself the past couple of days (complete accident -- I'm not avoiding it on purpose) so I don't know how the candy-heavy diet is doing for me, but the all-candy diet often does well for me, too! I still joke about that year when I was in high school -- from Christmas to New Year's I had OJ for breakfast at noon, candy all day, and then dinner of whatever was offered, usually turkey with all the extras. Over about two or three weeks my weight dropped around 10 pounds! This was before I'd developed a social life or anything. No idea how it worked!