Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Back Where I started

Like Sarah, I was disappointed by my loss this morning. I was 215.2 - which is over two pounds down from last week and the week before - but I am disappointed because that is only .2 pounds down from my weight LAST SEPTEMBER. I have been amazingly good on Atkins. I guess because the whole diet feels like a big cheat to me. It is backwards - I have to limit my vegtables when I pack my lunch - but I used real mayo, cream cheese and half and half for the rest of it. It makes no sense. I am also a little disappointed with my weight today because my starting weight on Thursday (when I went on Atkins) was 219.8!!!!!!!!!!! So - I dropped three pounds between Thursday and Saturday - another three pounds between Saturday and today would have been really nifty.

My period started - which I AM SURE did not help me with my cravings for sweet and snacky foods. I am holding out hope that the cravings will go away ultimately - but I somehow doubt it. I am amazed at how tolerant I have become of artifically sweetened things (only lightly sweetend though, beyond that and it still makes me gag). So maybe - after my period is really underway - I will drop my usual four pounds for that! 8-) That would still only take me to 211-ish - which is still much higher than I should be right now. Sigh. I am hoping this diet will kick in with a vengence soon - because I really don't like it much. Of course, on the flip side of that - if it doesn't work either - I can go back to eating real food - with no fat. I am SICK of fat! I have been eating low fat for so long that I really just don't enjoy full fat foods anymore.

I had this bright idea that I could eat cream cheese - duh! So my most recent search was for a low carb pumpkin cheese cake. There are a lot of them! I am going to make THAT for my Thanksgiving dessert. They range from 0-5g of carbs per serving. You can make it with a pecan crust. Nuts TECHNICALLY aren't allowed in the first two weeks - but you are supposed to add them in after two weeks if you continue at the induction level of 20g carbs per day. I am thinking I will stay there - but I am going to add in other low carb foods. The way it is supposed to work is you are supposed to increase your carb intake to 40-60g per day (or until you stop losing weight, and then you drop it back by 5g per day to do ongoing weight loss). However, I have been having pretty much no problem staying at or below 20g - but I would like to add in some low carb fruits (berries mostly), cottage cheese, ricotta, and - of course, nuts. So that is my goal for myself - after I finish the next 8 days. I am on day six right now - so I am pretty proud of myself for not cheating ONE TIME (except for the drink and the cottage cheese).

I have to start exercising again. I have slacked off in the past two weeks. My knees have really been bothering me. I feel like it must be psychosomatic since I hadn't noticed anything before the trainer at the gym pointed it out to me - but last night I was testing it. I really IS NOT in my head. I can high lift and bend my knee (like marching) but to squat and bend is very painful. Even to bend from my waist and bend my knees slightly is twingy. Walking is not painful - going up stairs is not painful, but sitting on a lower stair IS painful, and walking uphill is painful. It is very weird. I think I really hate getting old - and I hate it that it all seems to have started right away.

No comments: