Thursday, November 16, 2006

Quick post

I'm not going to have time to get to the gym again today, but my low-calorie diet of the past few days has helped a bit. I was down to 134.4 yesterday and 133.4 today, although like Emily I think that has more to do with the shock to my system. Skipping my afternoon and evening snacks yesterday brought my calorie intake in right around 1,000 for the day. I'll rebound tomorrow as a result of today's lunch--the college's Thanksgiving lunch (gross cafeteria version, but even just picking at it was bad for you--gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, turkey). Breakfast was oatmeal, almonds and raisins for snack in the morning. No clue what's for dinner.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Ewww -- college Thanksgiving food! I haven't thought about that in years. Duke's all-you-can-stand cafeterias had these once a year the week before the holiday, and we all felt the need to go even though we knew how nasty they were. They scooped out the stuffing with an ice cream scoop and it kept its shape -- all gelatinous and gross. Ick. Maybe if I just think about that all day it will kill my appetite some more.

Sarah said...

YES! That's exactly how this stuffing was. And the sweet potatoes were all liquidly and gross.

Should I even tell you about the collard greens? That was the only green thing offered and it made my stomach turn just to look at them.

Amy said...

My college had good Thanksgiving food. Well - my college had good food in general. We would then get premium dinners (crabs, steaks, etc.) about once a month. Every Sunday they had a GREAT brunch with real fried chicken and real scrabled eggs, and french toast, etc. So - for the holidays it was about the same quality food you would get at a hotel wedding - real mashed potatoes, real meats at carving stations, lots of over cooked veggies, etc. and all served in big chafing dishes so it was too hot or too cold - but nothing you would complain about.