Tuesday, November 28, 2006

DOWN! and a little bit up

I was 211.8 today. That is 8 pounds down from the day I started Atkins - but still way to high by my standards. I finish induction on Thursday. My weight yesterday and Sunday were each about half a pound up from where I was on Saturday - so I was glad to see that I was down this morning.

I don't know how long I can stick to this diet. I don't hate it quite as much as others I have done in the past - but I am so sick of meat and cheese and eggs. The book and the websites I have read all say that by the end of induction you don't miss the sugar (or bread). I think that is BS. Or at least partially BS. I am not craving sugar and bread like I was a week ago - but I want to eat them - just for the variety! I found a website of a company in Maryland that sells low carb breads and pastas and mixes. I ordered a bunch of stuff. I ordered some bread machine mixes to make for Emily's fondue (yum!). I also ordered some bagels (to go with my cream cheese and smoked salmon). I got a waffel mix (although I need to find some sugar free syrup that I can stand - How DO you make syrup without sugar??) I hope all of these will help me stick with this for a while longer. The loaves of bread are 2.5g per slice - which means two slices are still less than my current low carb bread. I hope it isn't disgusting! I want to make a peanut butter and pickle sandwich!

I took my measurments the day I started, and then again on Sunday. I have lost an inch and a half from my thigh! I have lost everywhere except my arm (it was the same). I don't know about my chest though, because I think I must have had my tape measure upside down, because I wrote down 34". I don't think my chest has EVER been 34".

I have been very lazy about exercise - I walked on the treadmill for 22 mintes the other day - have a faster pace, but lower incline. I felt really good afterwards. I want to work in the DC tonight - so I don't know if I will exercise tonight or not. I have to dig out my exercise videos and start up with them again. I will nudge Katie too. Maybe she will do them with me to help motivate me.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's really amazing that you've been able to lose all that weight in under two weeks! I'm not surprised that it's difficult--even without craving sugar, it would still be boring to be so limited with food choices, but at least you get to add more stuff in (applesauce?) starting tomorrow. And don't you get to eat more carbs if you exercise vigorously? I thought I read that somewhere. That would be worth a difficult session on the treadmill.

Amy said...

I can increase my carbs officially - 5 grams a week - until I stop losing and then I back it to the level that I was still losing. They say that is usually 40-60 grams a day. I want to stay at 20 for a while longer. They say you can do that for up to 6 months - but then you really should start expanding. I am thinking I want to stay here until I get to 199.
Applesauce has about 6 grams of carbs (verses an apple's 36! or something like that). So - yes I can now have applesauce. Strawberries are less than two.