Wednesday, November 15, 2006

All too easy

I wish that were so! Yesterday I ate well all day and then I did one of those useless Walk Away the Pounds routines before bedtime. Actually, it wasn't that useless -- I did the 2 mile walk and I was quite stiff through it (though I'm not sore today; that would be really embarassing), and it felt so good to be moving again that I'm sure it did some good. This morning when I weighed myself I was 140.5 -- I haven't seen that weight in a while, it seems! That was a two pound drop from yesterday. Now to earn the pecan pie I just have to maintain that -- of course, that would assume it's real weight loss and not just water! So I'm going to have to knock myself out until Monday (my weigh-in is Monday because we're leaving town that day).

Food yesterday, as I said, was pretty good. I had OJ and cereal with milk for breakfast (used to be my usual but lately I haven't been drinking OJ). Lunch was a half sandwich of ham on whole wheat -- these are HUGE slices of bread so it's really almost a whole sandwich, and I put as much ham as I would on a whole one. Dinner was grilled chicken (I just ate a small part of a breast piece) and green beans, with skim milk to drink. During the day I had snacks of pretzels (several times), almonds (four times, eight each time, so 1 1/3 servings), a string cheese, and an apple. I wasn't completely perfect, because there is still a LOT of candy around (not helped by my having bought kisses for a Stampin' Up party), but given the circumstances my candy intake was excellent -- one plain chocolate kiss, half of Cecilia's teeny tiny Milky Way (she didn't like it, and it's a sin to let caramel go to waste), and about half of her mini Tootsie pop. I planned in advance that I could have the one kiss, but I put it off until the end of the day just in case it opened the floodgates -- fortunately, it didn't really.

Today I'm doing pretty well so far -- my usual breakfast, and as of lunchtime I've had a banana and 8 almonds. And I'll exercise tonight, though it will probably be something lame again!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Just for the record -- I did NOT send that in at 10:51 am. I started it around then, then finished it at lunch, and then Blogger balked at me and wouldn't let me transmit it for almost two more hours. Stupid flaky computers.