Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Day

Well, today starts week two for me on Atkins. I survived week one with very few cheats - NONE that I would really consider cheating. My weight today was 214.2 - which is over five pounds down from where I started last week - but as I said earlier today, I couldn't go much higher without exploding! (Which led to a gross discussion of how 600 pound people GET that way!)

So last week - no cheats. Today I was veery good at keeping my carbs really low through the day . I had an Atkins breakfast bar (2 grams) and then I made that Italian soup with chicken broth, spinach, egg and cheese. That was also probably about 2.5 grams. THEN dinner hit. I really did stick with JUST a spoonful of stuffing and potatoes. A little too much gravey, I had plenty of turkey (0 carbs) and greenbeans and carrots (not 0 carbs!). I would bet I ate about 20-30 grams of carbs JUST at dinner - but it is OK. It was Thanksgiving - and I will get myself back on track tomorrow. 8-(

1 comment:

Amy said...

I did the math after I posted this. My carb intake for Thursdya was actually about 40 grams - and it was the pecan pie that did it. The tiny little piece I had was probably about 20g alone!