Friday, November 24, 2006

Livin' La Vida Low Carb

I was looking around online at the stories of people who lost incredible amounts of weight after gaining incredible amounts of weight, and I ran across a pro-Atkins blog here on blogspot:

http://livinlavidalocarb.blogspot.com/


Amy, if you need inspiration, come hang out with that crowd. What was most interesting to me was the author's week-by-week weight loss summary -- after weeks of small-to-medium losses he had a sudden weight gain of 10 1/2 pounds, but then he kept going and is mostly losing again.

The real reason I'm posting the link, though, was that smack in the middle of the copious ads at the top of the page was a photo of a woman who looked a lot like I did at my starting weight (but with slightly darker hair, much nicer than mine, and dark brown eyes) and then an "after" picture of her looking a lot like I did last spring, and then the headline "EMILY LOST 35 POUNDS". Hee hee! I clicked through this (how could I not?) and she's 5'7" (an inch taller than me) and was 165 to start (5 lbs less than me -- but, frankly, I looked thinner at 170 than she did at 165, which is funny since I'm shorter) and 130 at the end (2.5 pounds less than my low point). It's like someone has stolen my story!

A quick summary of my recent events -- I did daily exercise of some sort or another up through Tuesday, but I've slacked off the last three days. Still, 8 days in a row after none at all for a month isn't bad, and I'll get back to it tomorrow, now that vacation is over. Mom, if you're reading this, I'm challenging you to do WATP -- or go for a real walk -- tomorrow! You have the DVD and each time you use it you justify the expense -- one use is a $15 exercise session, but the next makes them both $7.50, and the third time it drops to $5. After 15 uses it's totallly worth it. ;-)

Food wise I've been not-so-good since Wednesday as well. I was able to be healthy up through Tuesday, but then it all fell apart. I figure that it's Thanksgiving so I'm excused -- one bad day before and after is OK. Yesterday was particularly awful, as is to be expected, but today I've been throwing caution to the wind. I even had a real, live burger and fries from Wendy's for dinner. Eeek! Tomorrow I start over. Again.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I looked at this website. Gosh! I hope I don't see a 10.5 pound spike! That would totally suck! Of course, I gained 18 pounds since February - which is just as bad or worse. (My lowest point on the old diet was 201.8 - my highest point before Atkins was 219.8 - that is 18 pounds in 9 months. I could have had a baby!!) I just wish I had started Atkins when I was at 201.8. THEN I would have been at 193.8 now - or lower!