Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Denouement

After fretting for the past few days about whether or not my weight would stay at or below 133.8 this morning, I was actually a bit disappointed to see what the scale had to say today---132.4. Well, first it was 132.6 and I thought "that can't be right" so I reweighed myself three times, moving the scale each time, and each of the extra three times it came up 132.4. So I think my body was just messing with me yesterday, either that or I was retaining water yesterday and dehydrated this morning. I don't know. At least I get pie. What I don't know is what goal to set next--the 132 range was what I was going to set as my goal for January, figuring I couldn't expect to lose weight between Thanksgiving and Christmas. So I guess now my goal is to just stay where I am. Boring goal. Not nearly so motivating as pie. Of course if I eat that pie, staying at 132.4 won't be easy.

Based on my food and exercise yesterday my weight today should be a pretty accurate reflection of what it really is--I ate normally (well, normal for a diet)--my usual daytime stuff, chicken pot pie for dinner (I only ate half, which is 335 calories right there), toasted marshmallows in the evening (toasted over the stove; at 45 calories for two it's really worth it!). I was a bit hungry at bedtime, but not unusually so. Total calories were just over 1300. I drank 34 ounces of water on top of my usual coffee and milk intake, so I shouldn't have been dehydrated at all. I went to the gym, but the workout was actually a bit less than I usually do--the treadmills were all taken when I got there so I spent the first 5 minutes on an elliptical machine. My knees were killing me on that (I know it's supposed to be better on your joints, but as soon as I started up, my knees started aching) so when a treadmill became available I switched over and my knees were killing me on THAT too. And my normal pace felt like too much--don't know what was up with that except maybe I was just tired since I didn't sleep well on Sunday night. Anyway, I cut back the speed a bit so didn't go as far as I usually do.

So there it is--I get pie AND stuffing and next week I'll be 135 again.

No comments: