Tuesday, November 07, 2006

In honor of election day

I think I will exercise my right NOT to post my weight this morning. Sigh. I was 217. AGAIN.

I exercised last night - 44 minutes on the treadmill, burned 405 calories. I ate poorly yesterday. I didn't eat anything (coffee and skim milk excluded) until about 1pm - when I ate my left over shrimp scampi and homemade applesauce (no sugar). Then I ate nothing more (a little pack of skittles and 8 candy corn) until dinner. Katie and I had baked chicken breast and green beans. Then I lost it - sort of - I had a lemon bar, and a Reeses PB Cup, Mounds, Almond Joy, and Three Muskateers and Kit Kat (all mini sized) spread out through the evening. Then I drank some water and went to bed. Oh! And I drank a cider.

That was my day. By the time I did my exercise at 6:30pm I had BURNED more calories than I had consumed. Granted - I consumed a lot more after that - but my net intake (figuring 80 calories per for the candy and 250 for the lemon bar) was 1480 consumed and 405 burned... so 1075 net. I don't usually have the candy around to eat - but otherwise my food intake was about typical.

OK - This is really bothering me now. I thought I was really bad yesterday. But - seriously, counting the cider and all of the candy - I was still under 1500. So - if yesterday was a BAD day - I wonder what my normal calorie consumption IS? When I was tracking it over the summer, I was shooting for 1200-1500 a day, and VERY RARELY did I go over 1500 - more often I hovered around 1300. But - like I said over the summer - I don't know what else I could cut out. Obviously the sweets from yesterday - but normally I don't eat that many. Normally my calories would come from cereal, and V-8.

I give up! Tonight I have to spit at midnight. Then tomorrow I am having my blood taken and my thyroid ultrasound done.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'll be interested to see tomorrow morning's weight! Back when I was rowing and crews would have to "make weight" to compete, you'd see lots of people off on the sidelines spitting for 20 minutes or so to get their weight down. Gross, but effective!