Saturday, November 18, 2006

And up again

Today my weight was back up to 141.5. That means I have no wiggle room at all! That's a pound down from Tuesday. I was at 140.0 again after my shower, so that's promising.

Yesterday I did a Buns of Steel Platinum workout -- about 30 minutes of aerobics and 20 minutes of toning, though it's the beginner tape so there's a lot of talk, talk, talk through the toning and it's not a true 20 minutes of work. Today I got moving early and did WATP for 30 minutes and followed it up with Pilates for Dummies. When I first did this Pilates tape it was when I'd been doing a lot of other exercise and I'd done some other Pilates, so this didn't seem that hard, except for the usual problems stemming from being comically short waisted. Today it was frustrating -- my neck got very sore so I had a hard time focusing on the exercises themselves. But it's another symptom of my overall lapse in fitness.

Food yesterday included a leftover pizza slice for lunch (from the 8" pizzas we'd made the night before), and then at dinner we did pizzas again -- this time the crust had a tiny bit of sugar, salt, and olive oil in it because it had been too bland, but that made it probably higher in calorie -- and I ate three of my slices. So that's a whole 8" I ate during the day, which isn't all that good for me! I had popcorn after dinner, though I kept my eating mostly in check, and it was light popcorn. But candy yesterday was great (by my standards) -- I only had two of the tiny-sized candy bars (a Baby Ruth and a Milky Way). I had pretzels I think only one time, and I think three rounds of almonds. I ate one banana and I think that was it for fruit, except the breakfast OJ. I did eat half a bell pepper, leftover from the pizza fixings. It's already almost 4 today so details about yesterday's food are fuzzy, but you get the drift -- mostly good, but rather high fat choices for meals, and a little more than necessary. I didn't have a beer when I could have, though.

Today so far I've had a bowl of Lucky Charms (no OJ, forgot to thaw it), a banana, one round of almonds, 6 oz of yogurt (I hate that they all have tiny containers now), a few bites of macaroni and cheese, and one serving of pretzels. I eat so little in the first half of the day, and then after 5 I take in the majority of my calories for the day -- not a good way to operate, but not likely to change.

No comments: