Wednesday, November 15, 2006

So-so couple of days

Yesterday was a classic good day--good food, did pilates in the evening, total calories for the day were just under 1400 and all from healthy sources except four marshmallows.

Today has been insane. I'm still working on the grant deadline so I have a million things to do to finish that up, but I also had two meetings, a diversity event and a flu shot scheduled. And everything took longer than it should. The flu shot took two hours! I left and came back twice (while someone held my spot) and still sat and sat and sat. And now my arm hurts. And because of that, one of my meetings got moved. And then my afternoon meeting took an hour and a half. And then getting home took an hour and 20 minutes, so I went straight from work to the book fair at Claire's school instead of stopping at home first.

The upshot of all of this is that a)I didn't make it to the gym, but b)I hardly ate anything. I had my usual breakfast, snack, and lunch, but ate nothing between lunch at 12:30 and dinner at 7:00. I had white chili for dinner. If I can avoid snacking this evening, I should be o.k. for the day even if I don't get any exercise. Brian is out (first communion meeting then straight to work) so I don't think I'll get Davey out for a walk. I might do pilates again.

No comments: