Monday, July 09, 2007

What, no titles? I noticed Amy's post didn't have a title, and now I realize it's because you can't actually click/type in the title box! Weird.

So I took a little diet break. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. After weighing in last Tuesday I didn't weigh myself again until today (139.4--not nearly as bad as I expected!), I didn't take any care with what I was eating, and I didn't do any exercise. The exercise I knew would be a problem since I can't get to the gym. I had hoped/planned to either get up early and walk or run or stay up late and do pilates, but Connor had other ideas--he was up twice last week in the middle of the night, so I had two nights when I got between one and three hours of sleep so I was just too tired to move. Last night I fell asleep while reading Claire her bedtime story. She finally kicked me out of her bed and I crawled into mine and finally got a decent night's sleep (although I was up at 5:00 a.m.--I was so tired that I just didn't move all night, so when I woke up at that time I was really stiff and sore and couldn't get back to sleep). I have no excuse for the food. I ate Hob Nobs and gumdrops (meant for behavior rewards for Connor) and popcorn and hamburgers and brownies and hot dogs and deviled eggs. Really, just horrible food! I was truly surprised that my weight was still under 140 today!

Tonight Brian and I are going out to eat and then I think I'm going to do phase one of the South Beach Diet. I know that if I just kept my calories down to 1200 - 1400 and exercised five days a week I could lose five pounds in a month, but without exercise it would be difficult, so I'm going to try this and see if it works to get me back down to my 130 - 135 range, and then I'll skip phase two entirely and just go back to my usual habits of decent diet and exercise.

No comments: