Tuesday, July 10, 2007

139.8

Yup, clicking on the right hand side of the box worked! Thanks for looking into that, Emily!

OK, so I'm just a smidge away from the dreaded 140, although why that should be any worse than 139.8, or even 137.2 or 141.6 for that matter, I don't know. But the point is, I managed to stay within my healthy range of 130 - 135 for AGES and now I'm creeping back up. Last night's dinner of mongolian beef and a Great Wall of Chocolate slab for dessert didn't help!

So South Beach Diet, here I come! What the heck, for two weeks I can stick to any diet, right? This is one of those "can't hurt, might help" approaches that I'm hoping will kick start some weight loss. So today I started with two hard boiled eggs and some green pepper slices for breakfast. My 15 almonds are waiting for me by my desk. I've got fresh lettuce, cheese and turkey to make wraps for lunch. No clue about dinner yet, but I'm thinking it'll be some kind of grilled meat and then either green beans or broccoli. This is a good time for me to be doing a meat and veggies diet--we've got our grill all set up outside, right next to the garden that is heavily producing lettuce and green beans and peppers at the moment and the cherry tomatoes are a few days from ripe, with the bigger tomatoes a week or so behind. It's like a jungle out there--the tomato plants took over every free inch of the garden the week I was on vacation.

Don't know what I'm going to do about Katie's birthday cake, though! Cheat, or suck it up--that is the question!

No comments: