Friday, July 27, 2007

Deep South

We're in Georgia right now for a workshop Daniel is attending -- today we hung out in town with a friend for the morning and this afternoon we've been keeping busy at the hotel. Yesterday we were driving so my water intake was a lousy 3 units but I also drank a Fruitopia, which is expensive sugar-water, so not very nutritious but very yummy! But we had about six pit stops on the way down due to the kids (they ate a bunch of watermelon at the outset -- big mistake!) so I didn't dare drink extra liquid and have ME be the cause of additional stops. And I had no real exercise yesterday except my 100 crunches, on the floor of the hotel room.

This afternoon I went to the exercise room down the hall and did 20 minutes on the recumbent bike (the same as the one at our gym, but minus the heart rate monitor) and 20 minutes on the cross-trainer (the elliptical with ski poles -- I hate that thing because I feel like I'm flailing around). It is unlikely that I will get exercise tomorrow since we're having a lake/beach day pretty much all day, and on Sunday we're driving to Alabamaville, so no exercise that day, either. I will try to do crunches and drink water.

I'm not losing weight, for all this -- actually I think I'm gaining a bit -- but I'm at least making some kind of fitness effort every day, so I guess that's an improvement!

No comments: