Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ow.

Yesterday I was all set to wimp out on my no-excuses exercise plan -- I was in a rotten mood and it had rained half the day and who wants to do aerobics or in-home walking when it's that clammy inside? But by after dinner the weather had cleared up and I was rational enough to realize that half the reason for my bad mood was that I wasn't getting enough exercise these days, so I declared that I was going for a walk in the half hour before the kids' bedtime. Of course, once I started walking I didn't like just walking (and my shins were hurting from walking fast), so I wound up jogging or even running as much as I walked. I wasn't dressed for it or anything, so I didn't push it, but it felt good to really move. I covered 2.5 miles in the 30 minutes, all told. But because I wasn't properly dressed I was fighting my clothes half the time and I was wearing half-broken-down shoes, so today my hips are achy from having been jarred so much and my back and shoulders are a bit stiff from the odd contortions of trying to run and keep my T-shirt from flying up at the same time!

I drank only five water units -- I kept forgetting to grab a water bottle before I went anywhere. I did do my crunches, though. I still don't have a pedometer. Technically I've done two types of exercise so far but they're nothing new to me. But I was 149.0 this morning (my lowest in a little while) despite having had a beer and chips and cheese dip last night. :-)

No comments: