Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Speaking of magical weight loss...

I researched that Alli stuff that Target has on every end cap now in the store and WOW--I would never voluntarily take that stuff. The general gist is it prevents your body from digesting fats, so they pass through you. Sounds great right? The catch: you poop yourself. It has this list of recommendations about wearing dark clothes and those incontinence pads for old people. It says the oils pass through you and you basically some lose control of your muscles.

NOT COOL. I'd rather be fat.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I discovered the same info when I researched it a couple of weeks ago. The only advantage I see to this is that this is the first product available on the market that isn't an appetite suppressant. It isn't a GOOD alternative - and it is really bad if you consider that there are people out there who will think they can take this drug and not have to do any work... They will be the ones pooping themselves!! However, the recommended diet is low in fat anyway - so perhaps the people who will take this pill will also change their eating habits. This is under the assumption that the reason that the person is fat in the first place is because they consume too much fat. That is only one of many possible reasons for overweightness. I suspect not mine though... I don't eat a lot of fatty foods - or add fat. Sugar is my bigger problem... If you can pick just one that is.

Julie S said...

I read through the info and the low fat diet is very low in fat. Still, in my opinion, any amount of pooping yourself is bad.

Amy said...

Can't argue there!!!