Thursday, July 12, 2007

Hippy Chick

I met with Rebecca Snow - the Herbalist Nutritionist - yesterday. I really liked her!!! She gave me a lot of interesting insights and suggestions. We met for two hours instead of the one scheduled. I am meeting with her again at the end of August. She wants me to do an elimination diet to test for food intolerances - which probably is very similar to Fat Flush. Most meats, vegetables, fruits and non glutton grains (i.e. rice, millett) are fine. Most beverages (i.e. coffee, mojitos) are not. I think I am going to start this right after Pennsic. She said that the food test takes about 23 days to complete. You need to eliminate them completely for two weeks and then add them back in (one at a time - one per day) in great quantaties to see how your body reacts to the new food. She recommended two books - The Yoga of Eating and Ultrametaboism. She was interested in the fact that I have a low basal body temperature and thyroid cysts. She said that the low body temp and the cysts are indicative of the thyroid NOT functioning optimally - even though it is otherwise normal and healthy (not diseased). She thinks my problems lays somewhere in the hypothalamus/pituitary/adreanal connection. She kept stressing that problems like mine indicated things not functioning OPTIMALLY - even if a doctor would never find anything wrong with them. That is why we take vitamins and supplements. It helps out body do what it is doing - only better. She was really neat.

My weight yesterday was 221.8 and today was 222.6. I am glad of this because I WAS up to 226 pretty solidly around the time of the Disney Trip. I am delighted to have dropped back to where I was before my period for June. Just in time for July's though. So - I expect a 4 pound spike in the next week or two.

I missed boxing last night. I intended to go to Michael's after meeting with Rebecca - which I did - but by the time I was done there and back home it was after 7pm!!!

When are we doing the next no-excuses exercise challenge? I think I really need it!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

"Non glutton grains." Hee-hee! Very appropriate given that most of the glutenous ones turn me into a glutton!