Friday, July 06, 2007

Poor Chloe

I can't stop thinking about Chloe. (Julie - Chloe was my cat who my parents stole from me about 15 years ago. She died yesterday. Katie and I were on the way to the vets with her since she had been breathing funny - and she died on the way.) I had no idea that her death would upset me so much. Yes, she was originally my cat, and yes, she WAS the greatest cat in the world and yes, being with her when she died made it worse - but still I think I am almost over reacting. I think it is all tied into the getting old thing. Sigh. I watched The Hours last night, which was NOT a good choice of movie while I was already feeling depressed.

In spite of being depressed, and extremely sleepy because of that, I was very hungry all day yesterday. It didn't seem to matter because I was down a little bit this morning. My weight was 223.4 today. It was 224.6 yesterday and 224.8 on Wednesday. I haven't been to the gym all week. The closest I got to exercise was on Wednesday walking up the block with Sarah - which hardly counted as exercise. I want to go tonight, but I don't know if I can fit that in with the trip to the airport to get Mom and Dad. The airport alone is no big deal - but waiting, then taking them home adds to the time. The gym is open until 10pm on Friday - but their flight comes in at 8:30 - which means the soonest I could get there would be about 10. Of course, I guess I only have to talk them as far as Sarah's - so maybe I can make it in time.

Our new refridgerator was delivered today. Katie says it seems smaller - which it probably is. I wonder if we can keep it clean. The last one was disgusting - but that was mostly our fault for allowing things to spoil and drip. Sigh. The micro-hood was also delivered - and Katie is going to think about figuring out how to install it. I think between the two of us we should be able to. We are pretty competent. We have a drill and a screwdriver. We can make glass beads for gosh sake! Surely we can install a microhood. The dishwasher was NOT delivered. They screwed up. It will be here on Monday. The range doesn't arrive until July 17th. I wonder what issues THAT will have.

No comments: