Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Big Spike - Holding Steady

I was 226.8 this morning. That was a big relief, sadly, because YESTERDAY I hit a new high - 229. Sigh. I knew yesterday I would be high because I spent 10 hours (more) on the road on Friday and Saturday - which inevitably leads to bad eating and no exercise. OTOH I DID walk over 15000 steps on Saturday at Pennsic, setting up camp (two yurts, a pavillion and a HUGE military style tent that was pretty nifty. Oh. And my pop tent and air matress) as well as unloading a third of the storage unit. They had filled the truck on Friday and there was one more trip to be done on Sunday - we did the Saturday trip - so probably about 10000 of my steps were done in four steps forward and backwards in the unit. I was the inside guy. Well - Rod was the far inside person - I was the move it to the front inside person. So - I actually did OK with exercise on Saturday - maybe not aerobic so much, unless you count the trip on foot up the hill.

Oh - I also forgot to mention that we were setting up camp on a bog. Personally, I thought it felt like extensive piles of horse poop - but Anne called it pudding. It was chunkier than pudding - but about as mushy. The Coopers had a gas line - or water line - or something put through the camp. Or, more precisely, put through the Maxwell's common space. As Rod put it - They fixed the flat spots. Hee hee. Well - Flaming Griffen now has a man hole cover in the middle of THEIR kitchen space - so I guess it could be worse. Jeremy was freaking Anne out with images of what was going to come up THROUGH the manhole cover in the middle of the night. I think what will happen is we will pack down the mud in Yurt sized circles that will then bake through the rest of August and we will have lovely adobe platforms to build on next year. Or - this would be the perfect opportunity to put in paving stones as an entry way. I am sure Mattman is spending the week building ramps and bridges and porches - like he did the Pennsic two years ago when it rained so extensively. Anyway - the exercise advantage to building in a bog is you spend a great deal of time, balancing and flexing you butt muscles - kind of like walking on those wiggly half balls that they make you balance on to work your glutes and hamstrings. I can tell you my calves were KILLING me on Sunday - but feeling a little better yesterday - and mostly fine today.

Back to food - I have discovered that everytime I have dinner at Sarah's house I am fat the next day. I am not sure why. But - from Sunday to Monday I gained 2.5 pounds - which I then lost today.

I am REALLY looking forward to doing the elimination diet. I need to shake things up - A LOT.

No comments: